PARIS MASSACRES: ARE WE NEXT?
Before you dismiss the above question as, Wait a second, Hammer, no schools were attacked in the Paris Massacres of Friday the 13th, consider the following:
Every one of the five or six targets that were hit tonight in Paris were Soft Targets.
I have been preaching this for years, and, believe me, these International Terrorist attacks are getting closer and closer to us. There will be incidents, I am sure, but what I am concerned about is Isis and other groups have no intention of stopping at a mere incident.
What I am asking you to consider is, If you are a student, parent, teacher, administrator or campus security, be aware that you represent an ideal target, which is:
- A target containing highly-valued, maybe even precious targets. Namely children teens and innocent young adults.
- You are easy to hit because
- You are a Soft Target.
- A mass shooting at a school would have a maximum shock value.
Message; Become a Hard Target ASAP! If you ask, how do we do that, just scroll back through my past posts on preparing for active shooters and such, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate with local and state police authorities.
- Establish a chain-of-command designed to quickly and effectively respond to possible threats.
- Establish escape routes/safe rooms, etc. designed to either evacuate, hide, and/or fight.
- Establish communications protocols relative how to alert personnel, etc. in case of an attack.
- Establish a plan of action (s), communicate that plan in writing.
- Conduct realistic training and simulations to make certain everyone knows his/her/their roles, etc.
- Consider hiring and training competent security (armed?).
Until the next post, please stay safe.